Share Database
Author Message
 Share Database

Hi

Could someone please show me how to share an access database between two
forms and be able to edit the table in both forms.

Cheers

John

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Share Database
Module1:

Global db as database
Global rs as Recordset

That't all !

--

MfG
Stefan Marquardt

http://home.t-online.de/home/Marquardt_Computersysteme

Quote:
> Hi

> Could someone please show me how to share an access database between two
> forms and be able to edit the table in both forms.

> Cheers

> John

Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Share Database
Simply a tip.
Declare the workspace and database as public objects (in a shared module
.BAS)
In each form declare a private object for your recordset.
Set the workspace and open the database in the "Sub Main" of your code
module (.BAS)
Load and show the two forms.
Open the provate recordset in the Form_Load or Form_Create event of each
form.

Quote:
> Hi

> Could someone please show me how to share an access database between two
> forms and be able to edit the table in both forms.

> Cheers

> John

Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opening Shared database

2. shared database on NT

3. Listing the current users of a shared database

4. Kicking users off a shared database

5. How to share database without server

6. sharing database..help

7. Sharing database in network..