API Functions: Parameters conversion
Author Message
 API Functions: Parameters conversion

The orginal C function is declared as followed:

void Function(char ** FileNames);

I Tried to find how to pass the string array. My last version is

declare function lib ""xxx.dll" (byref Filenames( ))

dim FileNames(40) as string

=function(FileNames)

My C function tells me It didn't receive any string elements in the array.
What's Wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Serge.

Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 API Functions: Parameters conversion

Read fhe following article...You will probably find it extremely helpful;:
http://www.microsoft.com/oledev/olecom/cpp4vb.htm

Quote:
> The orginal C function is declared as followed:

> void Function(char ** FileNames);

> I Tried to find how to pass the string array. My last version is

> declare function lib ""xxx.dll" (byref Filenames( ))

> dim FileNames(40) as string

> =function(FileNames)

> My C function tells me It didn't receive any string elements in the
array.
> What's Wrong?

> Thanks for your help.
> Serge.

Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. API Functions: Parameters conversion

2. API Functions: Parameters conversion

3. API Functions: Parameters conversion

4. API Functions: Parameters conversion

5. Calling Windows API functions with string parameters from Access

6. Finding Parameters for unknown DLL/API Function

7. API Function SHChangeNotifyRegister Parameters

8. Passing NULL parameter to API function

9. SHFileOperation API Function parameters

10. Function call via string parameter in other function ?

11. VB 5.0 and Inter-language Data Type Conversions (COBOL) and Parameter Passing

12. VB 5.0 and Inter-language Data Type Conversions (COBOL) and Parameter Passing