Help: Creating Index with several Fields on Runtime
Author Message
 Help: Creating Index with several Fields on Runtime

I'm opening  a DBase III database with VB3. I need Indexes to be
created on runtime. There's no problem doing it with indexes with one
field. When using more than one I tried,

rutindex.Fields ="Name; LName"

but doesn't seem to work. How can I do it?

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Creating Index with several Fields on Runtime

Quote:

>I'm opening  a DBase III database with VB3. I need Indexes to be
>created on runtime. There's no problem doing it with indexes with one
>field. When using more than one I tried,

>rutindex.Fields ="Name; LName"

>but doesn't seem to work. How can I do it?

You could use an SQL statement of the type

CREATE INDEX idx ON table1 (Name, LName)

and then use a db.EXECUTE

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Request help creating a multi-field table index

2. remove index from field or delete a indexed field

3. Create a Control with index at Runtime

4. Create Index without adding field!!!

5. How to create index using 2 fields, one descending

6. Create Index field in Access DB

7. Creating index fields

8. Create index using multiple fields

9. How do I Create two field index

10. Creating several DBGrids with the help of the DataFormWizard

11. Help VB6 / Access database, how to change index sort order in runtime

12. Indexes collection contains more indexes that I created????