SQL and calculated fields (MyFunction...) (Engineering)
Author Message
 SQL and calculated fields (MyFunction...) (Engineering)

Hi
I'm new to VB, but has the the impresssion it must (should) be perfectly
suited for a 'data browser' application.

PROBLEM
Stored QyeryDefs relying on custom functions (for some of the outputfields)
results in run-time error 3085 when used as RecordSource for a Datacontrol

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL and calculated fields (MyFunction...) (Engineering)

Hi Thomas,

Quote:
> Stored QyeryDefs relying on custom functions (for some of the
outputfields)
> results in run-time error 3085 when used as RecordSource for a

Datacontrol

Correct. You can use custom functions in queries within MS Access, but not
from within VB or any other Jet host environment except Access.

--
-- Jim F, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL using MyFunction

2. referance to a Calculate field in SQL Server

3. Calculated Field in SQL?

4. referance to a Calculate field in SQL Server

5. referance to a Calculate field in SQL Server

6. How to update calculated fields in SQL query?

7. referance to a Calculate field in SQL Server

8. Austin software engineer position:Java,C++,Oracle,C,SQL

9. reverse engineering to SQL

10. reverse engineering of Access db to SQL

11. function myfunction(id, sortby) As Recordset

12. table.field value calculated based on query