Password
Author Message
 Password

Hi all!!!

I'm running a simple application that is connected
to an access jet database. I have a password for my
database but i cant open it from my application ?!.
I'm trying to send a password string thrue opendatabase->Connect
but it won't work. Why???.

Fred

-----------------------
Fredrik K?hrstr?m-Gad                   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~reh96fkg

791 71 Falun                                D3PT(Programmerings teknik)

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Password

Quote:

> Hi all!!!

> I'm running a simple application that is connected
> to an access jet database. I have a password for my
> database but i cant open it from my application ?!.
> I'm trying to send a password string thrue opendatabase->Connect
> but it won't work. Why???.

> Fred

> --
> -----------------------
> Fredrik K?hrstr?m-Gad                  http://www.du.se/~reh96fkg

> 791 71 Falun                                D3PT(Programmerings teknik)

Look at the DBEngine object to set the system.mda security file
containing your access security. If you are using a different MDW to the
standard you need to reset it before accessing a DB.

' Ensure that the Microsoft Jet workgroup file is available.
        DBEngine.SystemDB = "system.mdw"

Regards

Trevor

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Password
Can any one tell me how to put a password in a database and then open it
trough Visual Basic 5?
If posssible the more explicit and simple that you know

THANKS

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Password

Quote:

> Can any one tell me how to put a password in a database and then open it
> trough Visual Basic 5?
> If posssible the more explicit and simple that you know

> THANKS

Assuming we're using an Access database then, set the database password
(MyPassword) in Access
Then, in VB, use this code:

Dim slConectString as String
Dim slMyFile as String
Public BaseDados as DataBase

  slConectString = "MS Access;pwd=MyPassword"
  slMyFile="MyDataBaseName.mdb"
  Set BaseDados = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(slMyFile, False, False,
slConectString)

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Password
Thanks
Quote:

>> Can any one tell me how to put a password in a database and then open it
>> trough Visual Basic 5?
>> If posssible the more explicit and simple that you know

>> THANKS

>Assuming we're using an Access database then, set the database password
>(MyPassword) in Access
>Then, in VB, use this code:

>Dim slConectString as String
>Dim slMyFile as String
>Public BaseDados as DataBase

>  slConectString = "MS Access;pwd=MyPassword"
>  slMyFile="MyDataBaseName.mdb"
>  Set BaseDados = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(slMyFile, False, False,
>slConectString)

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Password required - no password set

2. To Password or not to password that is...

3. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

4. Ms Access 97 with password gets a vb5 error invalid password

5. Q: VB5 - Creating a password frm/maintaining passwords?

6. Pull Bad-Password-Time and Bad-Password-Count

7. Changing password in Oracle using PASSWORD command via VB app

8. Changing password in Oracle using PASSWORD command via VB app

9. Saving a password in the password cache

10. Change passwords using 'Net Password'

11. Setting User Password & Forcing Password Change

12. Saving a password in the password cache