Referencing across forms
Author Message
 Referencing across forms

Ok, In one of my first forms I have opened a database and
selected all the information the user wants into a Snapshot.
My question is, how do I refer to that from another form?

I have tried Form.snapshot.field and various other things but
none seem to work.

Is there any way of doing this? Use a module to get all the
information?

D.

                                |Phone   : +61-7-263-2589

Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Referencing across forms
Quote:

[snip]

The reason this did not work is because you probably referenced the snapshot as
a local variable instead of as a global variable.

Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Referencing across forms

says...
Quote:

>Ok, In one of my first forms I have opened a database and
>selected all the information the user wants into a Snapshot.
>My question is, how do I refer to that from another form?

>I have tried Form.snapshot.field and various other things but
>none seem to work.

>Is there any way of doing this? Use a module to get all the
>information?

try declaring your db and your snapshot as global in a MODULE (not
a form) and like that you can refer to them from anywhere.

Sun, 21 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Referencing across forms

Quote:

>I have tried Form.snapshot.field and various other things but
>none seem to work.
>Is there any way of doing this? Use a module to get all the
>information?

The method you are trying to use is related to Access Basic I think,
you cannot do it this way in VB because each form and event can have
more than one snapshot. You must declare a snapshot in a global or
form level module and refer to the variable by name as needed.

Niall Smart

Sat, 27 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

2. Referencing method procedures across applications

3. Referencing object in form in code / Subform reference problem in code

4. Invoice Type Numbering consistent across multiple forms??

5. Sharing Fields Across Forms

6. Recorset access across multiple forms

7. Further to accessing DB across multiple forms

8. Sharing a data control across forms

9. Bound controls across forms

10. Use Of Data Control across multiple forms

11. StretchingTabStrip buttons across Form

12. Help moving an image across form smoothly.