MS Access database compress with VB6
Author Message
 MS Access database compress with VB6

Is there anybody who can tell me how I can compress
a MS Access database while using VB 6 ?
My application is using MS Access databases and is running
on machines wich don't have MS Access installed.
The database size are growing all the time and I want to
compress them while using the VB 6 application.

Any help will be appriciated.

Wim

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:37:11 GMT
 MS Access database compress with VB6
You have to use  DBEngine.CompactDatabase $StrInput,$StrOutput

Lookup the CompactDatabase method of the DBEngine object in VB 6 help

Quote:
> Is there anybody who can tell me how I can compress
> a MS Access database while using VB 6 ?
> My application is using MS Access databases and is running
> on machines wich don't have MS Access installed.
> The database size are growing all the time and I want to
> compress them while using the VB 6 application.

> Any help will be appriciated.

> Wim

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 04:04:45 GMT

1. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

2. how to create MS Access database using VB6?

3. Compact an MS Access 97 Database File Through VB6

4. Using VB6 to connect to a MS Access database

5. Sample Code Needed to Compress a MS Access file from code in a VB 6 program

6. Help..Using VB6 Data Control to access MS SQL Server7 Database

7. !!!!! HELP - Remote ms-access database connection with vb6 !!!

8. Compressing Database Programically in VB6

9. Compressed bitmaps in Access Database

10. Compressing An Access Database File From VB

11. Compressing an Access database using ADO

12. Compressing Access databases from within VB 5.0