error 3251 the operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider
Author Message
 error 3251 the operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider

Hi,
if I try to use the method .findlast or .move 0,adBookmarkLast I get the
error 3251: the operation requested by the application is not supported by
the provider. I am using Access 2000,   I am opening my connection as:

With cnnAquaChem
      .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
      .Open "c:\db1.mdb, "Admin"
   End With

and I open my recordset as

Dim rst     As New ADODB.Recordset
Set rst = cnnAquaChem.Open("select * from project")

rst.findlast produces an error 3251

any idea what I am doing wrong ? Thanks for any help

Lukas

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 error 3251 the operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider
After setting connection, try:

Dim rst as ADODB. Recordset
Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
rst.Open "SELECT * FROM project", cnnAquaChem, adOpenDynamic,
adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

Quote:
> Hi,
> if I try to use the method .findlast or .move 0,adBookmarkLast I get the
> error 3251: the operation requested by the application is not supported by
> the provider. I am using Access 2000,   I am opening my connection as:

> With cnnAquaChem
>       .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
>       .Open "c:\db1.mdb, "Admin"
>    End With

> and I open my recordset as

> Dim rst     As New ADODB.Recordset
> Set rst = cnnAquaChem.Open("select * from project")

> rst.findlast produces an error 3251

> any idea what I am doing wrong ? Thanks for any help

> Lukas

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 error 3251 the operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider
yes this works, thanks alot !

Thu, 16 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FindFirst gives Error 3251 - Operation not supported?

2. Findfirst gives an error 3251 'operation is not supported for this type of object

3. Error operation requested not supported by provider

4. requested operation not supported

5. Addnew and Operation Requested not supported

6. Feature Not Available (Error 3251)

7. ERROR: Operation not supported in version 1.1

8. 3251 Current provider doesn't support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

9. re : "The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider" error

10. ADO error message - "The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider"

11. Error 3251, ADO Error - really need help urgently

12. Error 430 : Class does not support Automation or Does not support expected Interface