populating an unbound DBGrid
Author Message
 populating an unbound DBGrid

Does anyone know how to populate an unbound DBGrid (VB4 cust control by
Apex), say from an array?

In ver 3 (True Grid), you could use the Fetch event. VB4 supposedly has
the corresponding Rowloaded event. At least, online books says so.
However, for the life of me, i can't seem to find the Rowloaded event in
the (Proc) Events combo box.

IS this a bug, or is my Enterprise ed. of VB4 outdated, or is there
another way around this?

Thanx in advance.

Jimm

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 populating an unbound DBGrid

wrote these mellifluous words, full of wisdom and thoughtful reflections:

Quote:
>!<Does anyone know how to populate an unbound DBGrid (VB4 cust control by
>!<Apex), say from an array?
>!<In ver 3 (True Grid), you could use the Fetch event. VB4 supposedly has
>!<the corresponding Rowloaded event. At least, online books says so.
>!<However, for the life of me, i can't seem to find the Rowloaded event in
>!<the (Proc) Events combo box.
>!<IS this a bug, or is my Enterprise ed. of VB4 outdated, or is there
>!<another way around this?
>!<Thanx in advance.
>!<Jimm

As you may know, APEX patched their "control" 4 times trying to fix the Unbound
mode. They currently have 3 (!!!) different attributes to achieve the desired
goal, but: NONE IS WORKING!

We tried every possible approach, and ended up with creating temporary tables.

Now, my question is: would I be liable to prosecusion, if my customised solution
would refuse to perform actions claimed in the adverti{*filter*}ts? What is so
different about APEX, so that no one sues them as yet?

Thanx.

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 populating an unbound DBGrid

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to populate an unbound DBGrid (VB4 cust control by
> Apex), say from an array?

> In ver 3 (True Grid), you could use the Fetch event. VB4 supposedly has
> the corresponding Rowloaded event. At least, online books says so.
> However, for the life of me, i can't seem to find the Rowloaded event in
> the (Proc) Events combo box.

> IS this a bug, or is my Enterprise ed. of VB4 outdated, or is there
> another way around this?

> Thanx in advance.

> Jimm

Jimm, download an updated grid from our ftp site:

ftp://ftp.apexsc.com/pub/ocx/tdbgsx32.exe     32bit
ftp://ftp.apexsc.com/pub/ocx/tdbgsx16.exe     16bit

both files contain updated help file and sample projects (for unbound
mode)

Lac
--
Ladislav Sedivy
http://rabbit.apexsc.com

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bug, populating an unbound DBGRID

2. Copying from bound DBGrid to unbound DBGrid

3. Populating unbound Apex grid control

4. Enumerate and Populate Unbound Text Controls?

5. multi row select in Unbound DBGrids

6. True DBGrid - Unbound columns - Filter

7. DBGrid Unbound One Row

8. fill a DBGRID in unbound mode with an array

9. fill a DBgrid unbound mode while form loading..

10. dbgrid : unbound mode

11. unbound dbgrid

12. Unbound dbgrid sort