MyTable.Seek problem
Author Message
 MyTable.Seek problem

Hello,

i'm having a problem in my db using the Seek function on MyTable
object, btw i'm using a multiple index field:

    Dim Crit, Tit, Msg As String

    MyTab.Index = "idx_all"   ' this uses 4 fields
    Msg = "What's the string to find?" + Chr(10) + Chr(13)
    Titulo = "Record String Search"
    Crit = InputBox(Msg, Tit)
    MyTab.Seek "=", Crit, Crit, 0, Crit
    If MinhaTab.NoMatch Then
        MsgBox "Record not found...", MB_ICONINFORMATION
    Else
        Tab_Show

The seek is working with my "primarykey" but with "idx_all" (my
multiple field index) isn't working...
What could be the problem?
Thanks.

ps- btw, i only want to find a word in one of my fields.

Best regards,

Univ.Autonoma de Lisboa - Lisboa, Portugal - European Union
Departamento de Informatica (Computer Science Dept.)

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MyTable.Seek problem
make sure that each of the four fields that make up the "idx_all" index have indexes set.

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MyTable.Seek problem
make sure that each of the four fields that make up the "idx_all" index have been indexed.

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MyTable.Seek problem
make sure that each of the four fields that make up the "idx_all" index have been indexed.

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. MyTable.Index problem setting

2. CR8/Secure Access - "Could Not Find 'MyTable' at Location 'MyTable'"

3. Btrieve, Access 2.0, Set MyTable = MyDb.OpenRecordset

4. Declare MyTable Global?

5. MyTable as Global?

6. DAO lock problem, ADO seek problem against Jet db

7. Seek and Kill Barney - seek.exe (1/1)

8. Help: Seek command won't seek

9. Problem using seek with a linked table

10. Problems with the methods Index and Seek

11. Problem seeking for records with ADO and SQL Server, Please Help

12. seek problem