Packaging and Deployment of Software
Author Message
 Packaging and Deployment of Software

Hello everyone,
I created a very nice program which I want to package for a friend. I
tried using the wizard and it appears that everything works. However
when I installed on the other computer everything installs but when we
tried executing everything comes up nice with the exception of the
database, can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong....??

Thanks a million,
Jeff

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Packaging and Deployment of Software
Hi Jeff.

Check out your DLL's on the client. Ensure that they are the same as the
those on your development machine.
(E.g. Get list of DLL's & location from project references & compare sizes
of files).

I have had these same problems with the packaging & deployment package where
it does not package the right version of DLL's.

Quote:
> Hello everyone,
> I created a very nice program which I want to package for a friend. I
> tried using the wizard and it appears that everything works. However
> when I installed on the other computer everything installs but when we
> tried executing everything comes up nice with the exception of the
> database, can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong....??

> Thanks a million,
> Jeff

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Packaging and Deployment of Software
Did you include the database include the database during the Included
Files section of packaging?  If so, are there any hardcoded file locations
in the program which might be looking for the file in another location?
Quote:

> Hello everyone,
> I created a very nice program which I want to package for a friend. I
> tried using the wizard and it appears that everything works. However
> when I installed on the other computer everything installs but when we
> tried executing everything comes up nice with the exception of the
> database, can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong....??

> Thanks a million,
> Jeff

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can Package and Deployment Wizard handle COM packages?

2. Package and deployment error

3. Package and Deployment

4. Package and Deployment wizard does not load

5. Packaging and Deployment Wizard

6. Data Enviroment Designer Package and Deployment.

7. Com Addin - Package & Deployment Wizard

8. Building the cabinet file in Package and Deployment Wizard

9. Package and Deployment Lockup

10. Package and Deployment

11. Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard

12. Access Package & Deployment