Need help for RDO with MS SQL Server 6.0
Author Message
 Need help for RDO with MS SQL Server 6.0

Hi! Everybody, I am just a new guy to this news group.  I have a
problem which I need to solve soon.  I use MS SQL Server 6.0 on the
back-end as a server and have VB 4.0 Enterprise on the front.
The document of VB 4.0 said that RDO id the best way to access the
data on SQL Server.  However, I am wondering how to control the
conncurrency on a multi-user environment.

Q: The menu said that the data page will be locked while the Edit method
is invoked and will be released until Update method is invoked.  My
question is: When user A start the Edit method and lock the data page
and meanwhile there is a user B try to write and lock the same data
page, how does user B know the data page has been locked?

Is there anyone who can show me how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Chao-Yee Hsu

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 4.0 RDO and MS SQL 6.0 Help???

2. HELP: VB4 rdo & SQL Server 6.0

3. Using RDO to do SQL updates on SQL Server 6.0

4. VB 4.0, RDO, MS-SQL 6.0

5. VB4 RDO Won't detect an error in an SQL Server 6.0 stored procedure

6. VB4 RDO Performance: SQL Server 6.0 vs 6.5

7. flaky behavior with RDO and SQL server 6.0

8. SQL Server 6.0 and RDO with PPP or other Internet access

9. flaky behavior with RDO and SQL server 6.0

10. US-NY-New York City-Visual Basic-MS ACCESS-SQL Server-SYBASE-RDO

11. MS SQL Server BLOBS, RDO and Stored Procedures

12. Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO