Opening database with password
Author Message
 Opening database with password

Apologies if this query is too simple.

I am using Microsoft DAO 3.51 to connect to an Access database with a
password but keep receiving the error message:

           Run time error 3031  :  Not a valid password

However, I can open the database using access with the password as
specified.

The relevant code I have used is as follows :

Dim dbPassword As Database
Dim rsPasswords As Recordset
Dim strPath As String

strPath = "C:\Programming\pwddb.mdb"

Set dbPassword = OpenDatabase(strPath, , False, "pwd=password")

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

TIA.

PAP

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:20:44 GMT
 Opening database with password

Set dbPassword = OpenDatabase(strPath, False, False, ";pwd=password")

--
Verbovsky Innokenty
ICQ 16999735

Quote:
> Apologies if this query is too simple.

> I am using Microsoft DAO 3.51 to connect to an Access database with a
> password but keep receiving the error message:

>            Run time error 3031  :  Not a valid password

> However, I can open the database using access with the password as
> specified.

> The relevant code I have used is as follows :

> Dim dbPassword As Database
> Dim rsPasswords As Recordset
> Dim strPath As String

> strPath = "C:\Programming\pwddb.mdb"

> Set dbPassword = OpenDatabase(strPath, , False, "pwd=password")

> Any help on this would be much appreciated.

> TIA.

> PAP

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:41:29 GMT
 Opening database with password
Hi

 How would you go about quoting this password for a VB Design report, in the
dataenvironment?

Quote:

> Set dbPassword = OpenDatabase(strPath, False, False, ";pwd=password")

> --
> Verbovsky Innokenty
> ICQ 16999735

> > Apologies if this query is too simple.

> > I am using Microsoft DAO 3.51 to connect to an Access database with a
> > password but keep receiving the error message:

> >            Run time error 3031  :  Not a valid password

> > However, I can open the database using access with the password as
> > specified.

> > The relevant code I have used is as follows :

> > Dim dbPassword As Database
> > Dim rsPasswords As Recordset
> > Dim strPath As String

> > strPath = "C:\Programming\pwddb.mdb"

> > Set dbPassword = OpenDatabase(strPath, , False, "pwd=password")

> > Any help on this would be much appreciated.

> > TIA.

> > PAP

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:49:38 GMT

1. open database with password

2. Open database with password

3. How to Open Database having password, use OpenDatabase Method

4. Open database with password

5. Opening database with password

6. Opening database with password

7. How open database with password?

8. Open Database with Password

9. Cant open DataBase with password

10. Opening database with password

11. #### Please : VB ---> DAO ----> Access97 / Open Database with Password

12. Open a password protected database with DAO