Dbase 3 - Bypassing deleted records problem....
Author Message
 Dbase 3 - Bypassing deleted records problem....

Hi,
I'm using VB 4.0 and am accessing a Dbase 3 database - adding, changing and
deleting records. One problem though: When I delete a record, VB still
reads that record subsequently. When exiting from VB, and using dbase III
itself, I can see the "*" which indicates that the record has been deleted.
So as far as Dbase is concerned the record IS deleted. But VB still
accesses that record. How can I stop this?

There used to be a "Deleted()" function which would test whether a record
had been deleted (but not yet physically removed). Also, there was SET
DELETED ON which would stop you from seeing deleted records.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Is there any function in VB which could be
of use? Kindly reply by e-mail if you can help. I'd appreciate it a great
deal. Thanks, Jan.

Cheers, Jan...
* Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make
  that is aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening
  grammar they use. (Mark Twain)
* No one's life, liberty or property is safe while
  the legislature is in session. (Mark Twain)
* What do politicians and {*filter*} stars have in common? They're both
  experts at changing positions in front of the camera.

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I bypass deleted records?

2. Deleting records in Dbase

3. How to indicate if Dbase record is deleted?

4. VB5: Deleting records using a text Dbase file...

5. Deleting dBase records

6. Dbase record marked as deleted

7. VB Deleting dbase Records

8. dBASE deleted records

9. dBASE + VB 4.0 - Records not deleting?

10. Delete DBase Record

11. VB - dBase: Deleting & Packing records

12. dBASE: packing deleted records