Help: Oracle VB Connect
Author Message
 Help: Oracle VB Connect

I am trying to interface a VB program to Oracle71 using OO4O
but am getting the following error message:

 OLE Automation error.
  Unable to make connection, ORA-03121:
  no interface driver connected - function not performed
  (error #440)

I have been able to ping with Oracle NetTest using the user
name and alias I am using with the following VB code

 Set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
 Set OraDatabase = OraSession.DbOpenDatabase("Alias",
         "username/password", 0&)

Oracle is on the same NT machine as the VB program is being run.

Is SQLNet necessary when running oo4o, Oracle, and the application
on the same machine?

This is my first attempt at programming for Oracle, so I do not
know if I am just doing something stupid.

Thanks in advance,

Shan Hemphill

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Oracle VB Connect

Subject: Re: Help:  Oracle VB Connect

Quote:
>Is SQLNet necessary when running oo4o, Oracle, and the application
>on the same machine?

     Yes.

_
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." (Bill Gates, 1981)
QWicKeSST - The ultimate database QWK reader, and NO limits. #BLYGJOMK
Special Compile: 1.008A (Alpha)

'[1;35;40m-=> Delphi Internet Jet SST v3.013A (Alpha) - (C) PBE

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Oracle VB Connect

Quote:

>I am trying to interface a VB program to Oracle71 using OO4O
>but am getting the following error message:
> OLE Automation error.
>  Unable to make connection, ORA-03121:
>  no interface driver connected - function not performed
>  (error #440)
>Oracle is on the same NT machine as the VB program is being run.
>Is SQLNet necessary when running oo4o, Oracle, and the application
>on the same machine?

Shan,

Oracle running on NT requires the use of SQLNET for Windows apps to
gain access to the ORACLE NT server on that same machine.  Sounds like
you don't have the SQLNET set up right, yet.  Try using an Oracle
supplied Windows utility (like SQLPLUS or SQLDBA) to gain access to
prove that you can get through from a Windows app first (note that I'm
referring to native Windows apps, not Windows NT apps).
Terry Hooper

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help for connect VB with Oracle

2. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

3. Connecting to Oracle using connect string

4. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

5. HOWTO connecting to Oracle database without Oracle Client?

6. Can ADO connect to Oracle without Oracle client???

7. Connecting to Oracle from VB.net

8. How to connect to Oracle using ORADC in VB 6

9. VB connected to Oracle through Orbix

10. How to connect VB witout usin ODBC to Oracle databases

11. Connecting to Oracle via VB thru ODBC

12. Connecting to Oracle DB via VB (ODBC)...