Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB
Author Message
 Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB

How would I execute a DOS program with parameters such as

Pkzip -ex -& -r name.zip *.*

from with in my running VB application?

Is there some type of SHELL call or API?

Thanks for the help,

Mon, 03 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB
Help Maxwell sez:

Quote:
> How would I execute a DOS program with parameters such as
> Pkzip -ex -& -r name.zip *.*
> from with in my running VB application?
> Is there some type of SHELL call or API?

Yes. It's called "SHELL". :) Also, check the Knowledge Base for info on
waiting for a shelled process to terminate (mainly DOS windows).

--j.

Tue, 04 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB

Quote:

> How would I execute a DOS program with parameters such as
> Pkzip -ex -& -r name.zip *.*
> from with in my running VB application?
> Is there some type of SHELL call or API?

You've answered your own question. Look up SHELL in the help.
You'll also want to look in the Knowledge Base to find out how
your VB app can tell when PKZip's done running. If you don't have
the Knowledge Base, the FAQ will tell you how to FTP it.

Quote:
> Thanks for the help,

Followups to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc.

Tue, 04 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB

2. VB4 & DOS Programs, ie PKUNZIP

3. Running Programs in DOS Shell

4. Dos programs (shell) running in VB5

5. Sequential run of DOS program via SHELL command

6. : Using the shell to execute PKZIP/PKUNZIP in VB

7. Help: Running Dos .bat in VB SHELL

8. Running DOS's copy from a shell command in VB

9. Running DOS Shell in hidden window, or using vb command instead

10. Controlling a shelled DOS program from VB

11. Shell program: running IE in Shell

12. running DOS PROgram from VB APP using variables in the app