VB, ODBC, Sybase System 10, and Dynamic (real) SQL
Author Message
 VB, ODBC, Sybase System 10, and Dynamic (real) SQL

Anybody know the right way to perform real dynamic SQL vis ODBC using
SQLPrepare, SQLParamOptions, SQLBindParams, SQLExecute?
I get the first element executed and the subsequent iteration fails due
to parameter 50 (out of 50) being precision 0 in a char string????? the
actual parm bound had data in it. I suspect it is the string for the
bound statement being of the syntax "{call my_sp (?,?,?,?,...,?)}
used for the prepare, the bind of the 50 parms generates no errors, but
when SQLExec is called it bombs out.
Any ideas or working code examples I can look at?
(yes I already saw Craig Goren's (Clarity Consulting) non-working
example in VBODBCAPI, Craig's works ok for part of the stuff but not
this area..., not to say Craig's code isn't good, it just won't do this
right, everything else in his code is excellent!)
TIA

Fri, 10 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

2. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

3. vb4 RDO, intersolv odbc, and Sybase system 10

4. Sybase system 10, ODBC, RDO, VB5

5. INSTCAT.SQL and Sybase System 10

6. VB->ODBC->Sybase 10 on NetWare ?

7. Sybase system 10 param queries

8. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

9. Installing Sybase 10 ODBC for windows under WIN95

10. win95, vb4 pro 32bit, sybase 10, intersolv odbc, addchunk (image blobs)

11. VB4/Sybase System 10

12. Drivers to access Sybase System 10