     To:  All

   Date:  05 Sep 99  22:15:32
Subject:  Re: How to enter password for Access-database at runtime?

Body of the message:
AREA:COMP.LANG.BASIC.VISUAL.DATABASE
^aMSGID: 3:633/262 f64c2c36
^aREPLY: 3:633/262 e04cc483
^aREPLYTO 3:633/262 UUCP

^aGID GIGO+ sn 9999 at bbs vsn 0.99.970109
^aPath:
bach.tardis.net!vic.nntp.telstra.net!intgwlon.nntp.telstra.net!nntprelay.mathwo
ks.com!btnet-peer!btnet!news-lond.gip.net!news.gsl.net!gip.net!news.barak.net.i
!p3!192.115.106.53

^aNewsgroups: comp.lang.basic.visual.database
^aSubject: Re: How to enter password for Access-database at runtime?
^aDate: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 21:15:32 +1000
^aLines: 24

^aNntp-Posting-Host: 192.115.106.53
^aX-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.1
^aX-Mimeole: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
^aX-Trace: 3 Sep 1998 21:57:37 +0200, 192.115.106.53

You simply reference secured system db, create workspace passing it userid
and password and use it to open secured dbs:

    dbengine.systemdb = "path\1.mdw"
    set ws = createWorkspace( "ws", "userid", "pwd")
    set db = ws.OpenDatabase( "path\1.mdb" )

Quote:

>Hi

>I made a database in Access with password.
>But every time I+am trying to access the database,
>I get the massage: "Not a valid password."
>How can I enter the password at runtime.
>Please make some code.

>Regards,
>Jens Riis

---

Routing information:

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Grunged Message Deleted

2. How to delete read message in newsgroup?

3. deleting without getting confirmation message

4. Suppressing Delete Confirm Messages

5. Get rid of Delete Message

6. Oulook Express 6 - XP - can't delete messages

7. How to permenantly delete a message.

8. Purge deleted IMAP messages

9. Delete messages from Inbox (filter in XML file)

10. How to PERMENANTELY delete a mail message?

11. Auto-delete message based on character encoding

12. "purge deleted messages