Is VB4.0a out ???
Author Message
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Hello Everyone :

I was told Microsoft has release the newest version of VB called 4.0a.
Is it ture ? If so, where could we download a patch to upgrade 4.0 to
4.0a.

Thanks.

Terence Cheong

Sat, 10 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???
I would also like to know. If anyone can, please email me at:

Thanks,
Ken

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Quote:
>I was told Microsoft has release the newest version of VB called 4.0a.
>Is it ture ?

Yes.

Quote:
>If so, where could we download a patch to upgrade 4.0 to 4.0a.

Download? From MS? *laughter* MS doesn't allow you get a bug-fix for free,
you have to buy it. But if you insist on having a bug in the app, you will
get away with $5 for S&H.

--
Real programmers never work 9 to 5. If any Real Programmers are
around at 9:30 AM, it's because they were up all night.

http://www.sn.no/~balchen/
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Quote:

>Hello Everyone :
>I was told Microsoft has release the newest version of VB called 4.0a.
>Is it ture ? If so, where could we download a patch to upgrade 4.0 to
>4.0a.

You can call MS and order the upgrade from them for a nominal shipping
and media fee.  Or if you have a problem that is a known bug and is
addressed in the bug fix then MS will ship it to you for free as the
did for me.

Cheers,

Robert Porter

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Quote:

>>Hello Everyone :

>>I was told Microsoft has release the newest version of VB called 4.0a.
>>Is it ture ? If so, where could we download a patch to upgrade 4.0 to
>>4.0a.

>You can call MS and order the upgrade from them for a nominal shipping
>and media fee.  Or if you have a problem that is a known bug and is
>addressed in the bug fix then MS will ship it to you for free as the
>did for me.

So what bugs does 4.0a fix????

Thanks,

M.

Wed, 14 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Quote:

>>>Hello Everyone :

>>>I was told Microsoft has release the newest version of VB called 4.0a.
>>>Is it ture ? If so, where could we download a patch to upgrade 4.0 to
>>>4.0a.

>>You can call MS and order the upgrade from them for a nominal shipping
>>and media fee.  Or if you have a problem that is a known bug and is
>>addressed in the bug fix then MS will ship it to you for free as the
>>did for me.
>So what bugs does 4.0a fix????

There is a list of them in the Microsoft Knowledge base on their web
page.  The specific one that it fixed for me was the 16 bit version of
SSTAB would occassionally "lose" controls placed on a tab by setting
their left property to an enormously large or small depending on your
viewpoint, negative number.

Quote:
>Thanks,
>M.

Cheers,

Robert Porter

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Quote:

> >>You can call MS and order the upgrade from them for a nominal shipping
> >>and media fee.  Or if you have a problem that is a known bug and is
> >>addressed in the bug fix then MS will ship it to you for free as the
> >>did for me.

> >So what bugs does 4.0a fix????

> There is a list of them in the Microsoft Knowledge base on their web
> page.  The specific one that it fixed for me was the 16 bit version of
> SSTAB would occassionally "lose" controls placed on a tab by setting
> their left property to an enormously large or small depending on your
> viewpoint, negative number.
> HOLY SMOKES!  You mean that's yet another bug!!???  I set the top/left

properties for each instantiation of my controls placed onto the tabbed
fields (in runtime) to get around it!  What # did you call??

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is VB4.0a out ???

Quote:
> >So what bugs does 4.0a fix????

> There is a list of them in the Microsoft Knowledge base on their web
> page.  The specific one that it fixed for me was the 16 bit version of

The only think I found in MS-KB is Q140341: FIXLIST FOR Visual Basic 4.0
for Windows as of 26-Nov-1995 - which surely isn't the one for 4.0a.
Can you give additional info on how to locate the fixlist for 4.0a?

Thanks - Lilla Slater

Sun, 18 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to get VB4.0A: the snychronization release of VB4

2. Keeping VB4.0a, Selling VB4.0 Legal??

3. FS: VB5.0 Pro and VB4.0a Pro

4. BeginTrans with Jet3.0 and VB4.0a

5. Numerous VB4.0a Problems ?????

6. Transactions using RDO with VB4.0a

7. Zero length strings, SQL Server6.0/VB4.0a and spaces

8. VB4.0a with Pentium Pro 200MHz

9. Subject: Re: VB4.0a

10. So-called VB4.0a

11. FS: VB5.0 Pro and VB4.0a Pro