Sharing database in network..
Author Message
 Sharing database in network..

I am a student who study in ' computer science' .
First, I thank you for reading my problem.
I made a program in VB 6.0 and I used MS-Access in database.
I want to use for many people this database on network with this tool.
This tool work well on my computer(I can read and write database) ,
but this tool open database in 'only read' on another computer.
I don't know what's wrong.
I tried to find problem in database, but this database worked well with
other
tool(several people can open in R/W).So I think that this problem is
about
this tool in VB 6.0. So I want to know what I did wrong with this tool.
In generally, for sharing database what you do(maybe you do something)?
Several references tell me how to lock database, but I want to know
how to share database.
Please tell me what you know about it..anything is good..^^
Again, thank you for reading my problem. I'll expect your answer.

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Sharing database in network..
The only thing I can think of is you have the recordset opened as exclusive
in your vb6 program. Check the properties of the data object for one called
EXCLUSIVE and make sure it's set to false.

--
Hope this helps...

John Hawkins

Or see snippets of code at http://www.btinternet.com/~vb

Quote:
> I am a student who study in ' computer science' .
> First, I thank you for reading my problem.
> I made a program in VB 6.0 and I used MS-Access in database.
> I want to use for many people this database on network with this tool.
> This tool work well on my computer(I can read and write database) ,
> but this tool open database in 'only read' on another computer.
> I don't know what's wrong.
> I tried to find problem in database, but this database worked well with
> other
> tool(several people can open in R/W).So I think that this problem is
> about
> this tool in VB 6.0. So I want to know what I did wrong with this tool.
> In generally, for sharing database what you do(maybe you do something)?
> Several references tell me how to lock database, but I want to know
> how to share database.
> Please tell me what you know about it..anything is good..^^
> Again, thank you for reading my problem. I'll expect your answer.

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB on '95 Network - Shared Database

2. Sharing Database on a Network

3. Connecting to network shares when network is detected only - help please

4. Errors with sharing msaccess.exe over WFW network

5. Uploading a Template to the Shared Network Drive

6. Creating Network Shares

7. Newbie - Access to a network share

8. Running .NET application from network share

9. Sharing an exe over network

10. Accessing an unmapped shared network resource

11. Map/UnMap Network Share Connections --> VB.Net

12. Shared disk network and aplication VB.Net