RDO accessing IBM Client Access 95 ODBC Source
Author Message
 RDO accessing IBM Client Access 95 ODBC Source

I am having trouble reading and writing to an AS/400 ODBC source using the
MS RDO data control and Client Access for Windows 95 ODBC Driver. I have
the latest Service Pack for VB4's RDO. I am able to connect via ODBC to the
AS/400 using Access95 as a pass through. Does anyone know what the fix is
for this?
--
Come and visit our web site!
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thomas Van Zanen
Penta, Inc.
333 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E.
Suite #680
Houston, TX 77060 USA

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 RDO accessing IBM Client Access 95 ODBC Source

Quote:

> I am having trouble reading and writing to an AS/400 ODBC source using the
> MS RDO data control and Client Access for Windows 95 ODBC Driver. I have
> the latest Service Pack for VB4's RDO. I am able to connect via ODBC to the
> AS/400 using Access95 as a pass through. Does anyone know what the fix is
> for this?
> --
> Come and visit our web site!
> http://www.pentainc.com

> Thomas Van Zanen
> Penta, Inc.
> 333 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E.
> Suite #680
> Houston, TX 77060 USA

I'm going to work on the same thing within a couple of days. I've just
got the CAE 2.1.1 ODBC up and running under both 95 and NT. However,
I cannot use the ODBC driver yet (only for connecting) because the
auto bindery cannot be performed (I don't have rights, so I'm waiting
for the DBA). By the way I will be using it for writing a simple
gateway which every 1/2 hour downloads new data in couple of tables to
a Microsoft SQL Server 6.5.

Best regards,
Sten Schmidt

Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic & IBM Client Access 95/NT

2. DB2 access problems after updating IBM Client Access

3. VB5/RDO and Access 95 or 97

4. VB5/Access 95 or 97 using RDO (Reposted)

5. Using RDO/wVB5 and Access 95 or 97

6. Q: VB4 RDO/Access95 How to use LIKE in SQL (or Access 95 queries)

7. IBM Client Access

8. PRB: IBM Client Access Express V4R4M0 and VB 6 SP3

9. AS/400 Client Access - ODBC Access Problem

10. ADO to IBM Client Access (AS/400)

11. PRB: IBM Client Access Express V4R4M0 and VB 6 SP3

12. PRB: IBM Client Access Express V4R4M0 and VB 6 SP3