Problem with DBList Control
Author Message
 Problem with DBList Control

Hi.

I am using a DBList control to list Employee names from an employee table
created in an Access mdb which contains EmployeeID and EmployeeName fields.
Once in a while when I choose an employee name from the DBList control, the
EmployeeName field in the first record gets overwritten with a strange
character. Sometimes the character is just a letter and other times it's a
strange Ascii character. The point is that the first record is becoming
corrupt. This doesn't happen consistently and I can't always produce the
result. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can resolve the issue?
Thanks for your time. Lissa Behr.

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with DBList Control
Hi Lissa,

which Windows Version /which service packs?
Wich Jet Version?
Which VB version?

Is the record really corrupt (in database), or is he just shown as
corrupt?

Good luck,
Guido.

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:09:08 -0500, "Lissa Behr"

Quote:

>Hi.

>I am using a DBList control to list Employee names from an employee table
>created in an Access mdb which contains EmployeeID and EmployeeName fields.
>Once in a while when I choose an employee name from the DBList control, the
>EmployeeName field in the first record gets overwritten with a strange
>character. Sometimes the character is just a letter and other times it's a
>strange Ascii character. The point is that the first record is becoming
>corrupt. This doesn't happen consistently and I can't always produce the
>result. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can resolve the issue?
>Thanks for your time. Lissa Behr.

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with DBList Control
Hi Guido,

Windows version 98 (2nd Edition), Jet 4.0 (DAO 3.6), VB 5.0 Enterprise.
I think using the word corrupt was a bad choice. All I  know is that the
Employee Name for the first record gets overwritten with garbage. I've tried
to solve the problem by setting the database that the DBList control reads
from to ReadOnly so that no garbage can overwrite any records. I hope this
works. If you have any ideas why my record was being overwritten in the
first place, please let me know.
(Respond to newsgroup only) Thanks. L.B.

Quote:
> Hi Lissa,

> which Windows Version /which service packs?
> Wich Jet Version?
> Which VB version?

> Is the record really corrupt (in database), or is he just shown as
> corrupt?

> Good luck,
> Guido.

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:09:08 -0500, "Lissa Behr"

> >Hi.

> >I am using a DBList control to list Employee names from an employee table
> >created in an Access mdb which contains EmployeeID and EmployeeName
fields.
> >Once in a while when I choose an employee name from the DBList control,
the
> >EmployeeName field in the first record gets overwritten with a strange
> >character. Sometimes the character is just a letter and other times it's
> >strange Ascii character. The point is that the first record is becoming
> >corrupt. This doesn't happen consistently and I can't always produce the
> >result. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can resolve the
issue?
> >Thanks for your time. Lissa Behr.

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with dbList Control

2. Problem with DBList Control

3. Problems with dbList control (VB 4.0) 16Bit

4. Problems implementing DBList Control

5. Problems with dbList Control

6. Problem with Data control or DBList control?

7. dblist control problem

8. PROBLEM HELP - Data control on one form and dblist on the other

9. DBList Control Problem, please help me I'm an idiot

10. Strange Problems with a dblist control

11. Problem with RDO and DBList controls...

12. PROBLEM HELP - Data control on one form and dblist on the other