Please Help, Why VB3 Application Can't Find Database Index
Author Message
 Please Help, Why VB3 Application Can't Find Database Index

While ago I posted a query regarding Executable version of an VB3 application
which opens local FoxPro Database files and manipulates them. The problem was
the executable application couldn't open the database files due to not
finding installable ISAMs. This problem was solved with the help of a dear
friend from this newgroup. I generated a "ApplicationName.ini" file with the
ISAMs path in it. Now the application complains about not finding the index
files of the database files.
Is there any other modification which I need to make. I have fiddled around
for few days but can't find the solution.
Unfortunately I have misplaced the email that friend sent me, could anyone
out there kindly pull me out of this one as well.
I sincerely appreciate your time and help.
Regards
Reza
--
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------+
|  Reza Oskouie   Tel: (+44)  0114-22 22412       E-mail:

|  Address: Dept. of Human Communication Sciences, The University  of
Sheffield
|                 18 Claremont Crescent   Sheffield    S10 2TA
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------+

Fri, 01 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help, Why VB3 Application Can't Find Database Index

Quote:

--
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------+
|  Reza Oskouie   Tel: (+44)  0114-22 22412       E-mail:

|  Address: Dept. of Human Communication Sciences, The University  of
Sheffield
|                 18 Claremont Crescent   Sheffield    S10 2TA
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------+

Mon, 04 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help, Why VB3 Application Can't Find Database Index

Quote:

>>While ago I posted a query regarding Executable version of an VB3
>application
>>which opens local FoxPro Database files and manipulates them. The problem
>was
>>the executable application couldn't open the database files due to not
>>finding installable ISAMs. This problem was solved with the help of a dear
>>friend from this newgroup. I generated a "ApplicationName.ini" file with the
>>ISAMs path in it. Now the application complains about not finding the index
>>files of the database files.
>>Is there any other modification which I need to make. I have fiddled around
>>for few days but can't find the solution.

you have to create a file anmed <database-name>.inf in the dir with
the db with the form of
[dbase]
MEMOFILE=<database-name>.DBT
MDX1=<database-name>.CDX
UIDX1=<index-name>

this covered in the help or pro edition manual
if you didn't get answer here try http://www.erols.com/wmingee/

Tue, 05 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Help, Why VB3 Application Can't Find Database Index

2. Why I can't use index and seek in all Access database

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. PLEASE HELP: Data Control's index property!!!

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. PLEASE HELP - Indexes Creating CDX files for FoxPro 2.x DBF's Using VB4.0

7. 'Help-Find'-style interface for vb4 programmed database search

8. 'Help-Find'-style interface for vb4 programmed database search

9. Please help---can't get vb3 setup wizard to create subdirectories

10. Please help i've tried everything else - vb3.0

11. Why doesn't Mouse Button 2 return a List Index

12. Please Help Beginner - Jet Engine/Database Apps - VB3