VB6 code for opening dBASE III files
Author Message
 VB6 code for opening dBASE III files

I tried hard. I searched much. To no avail...

1. Dim d As Database, r As Recordset
2. Set d = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("s:\dbdir", False, False,
"dBase III;")
3. Set r = d.OpenRecordset("cust")

the de{*filter*} reaches 3rd line and complains "Runtime error '3275':
Unexpected error from external database driver"

BTW, the DAO DataControl open S:\DBDIR\CUST.dbf fine...

GiGas, Siros, Greece

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:13:02 GMT
 VB6 code for opening dBASE III files
Don't use DAO.  Use ADO.  Much better.

Quote:
> I tried hard. I searched much. To no avail...

> 1. Dim d As Database, r As Recordset
> 2. Set d = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("s:\dbdir", False,
False,
> "dBase III;")
> 3. Set r = d.OpenRecordset("cust")

> the de{*filter*} reaches 3rd line and complains "Runtime error '3275':
> Unexpected error from external database driver"

> BTW, the DAO DataControl open S:\DBDIR\CUST.dbf fine...

> GiGas, Siros, Greece

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:33:57 GMT
 VB6 code for opening dBASE III files
Well, my application is quite large and it uses extensively DAO (with Access
tables). So, switching to ADO is not easy.

Why do you say ADO is better? Have you used ADO to open dBASE by code?

TIA,

GiGas

Quote:
> Don't use DAO.  Use ADO.  Much better.

> > I tried hard. I searched much. To no avail...

> > 1. Dim d As Database, r As Recordset
> > 2. Set d = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("s:\dbdir", False,
> False,
> > "dBase III;")
> > 3. Set r = d.OpenRecordset("cust")

> > the de{*filter*} reaches 3rd line and complains "Runtime error '3275':
> > Unexpected error from external database driver"

> > BTW, the DAO DataControl open S:\DBDIR\CUST.dbf fine...

> > GiGas, Siros, Greece

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:40:58 GMT

1. open dbase type dbase III

2. Open dBASE III-DB with non-standard file extension in VB5

3. Opening and adding to DBase III file

4. Connect VB6 to dBase III file

5. Open DBASE III DATABAE PLEASE HELP!

6. need example opening DBASE III ->combobox

7. Linking a dBase III table to an Access 2000 database - won't open

8. VB6 expor tdata to dBASE III

9. Dbase III and VB6, help!

10. DBase III import coding problem

11. DBase III import coding problem