HELP! How to open Paradox tables with "Incorrect Collating Sequence" error
Author Message
 HELP! How to open Paradox tables with "Incorrect Collating Sequence" error

If my Paradox tables are save with 'ascii' table language they open just fine,
but if they were saved in something else I get "Incorrect Collating Sequence" error.

I have been completely unsuccesful in finding the answer in VB5 help or literature.
It seems like this problem is not addressed at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I want to open a table as a recordset and assign it
to a grid control. With Access it works, with 'ascii' Paradox it works, but won't work
with let's 'intl' Paradox tables.

-- maciej

Thu, 09 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! How to open Paradox tables with "Incorrect Collating Sequence" error

Hello,
My version of Paradox 3.5 / Dos is international version, and i bought MS
Access 97, french version. When i import Paradox database to Access 97, an
error message appear :
"Incorrect collating sequence"

It is the same problem; What can i do ?

Franck Filhoulaud

Quote:
>If my Paradox tables are save with 'ascii' table language they open just
fine,
>but if they were saved in something else I get "Incorrect Collating
Sequence" error.

>I have been completely unsuccesful in finding the answer in VB5 help or
literature.
>It seems like this problem is not addressed at all.

>Any help is greatly appreciated. I want to open a table as a recordset and
assign it
>to a grid control. With Access it works, with 'ascii' Paradox it works,
but won't work
>with let's 'intl' Paradox tables.

>-- maciej

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solution to Incorrect Collating Sequence problem importing Paradox into Access etc via ODBC

2. Incorrect collating sequence in Paradox

3. "Parameter is incorrect" when opening recordset

4. Q: How to deal with "Incorrect Collating Sequence" error?

5. String "The parameter is incorrect"

6. Midi "Sequence Start" in VB

7. Grid Control - "The parameter is incorrect"

8. 20536 "Incorrect log on parameters."

9. Crystal "Incorrect log on parameters"

10. Grid Control - "The parameter is incorrect"

11. Please help me with "ALTER TABLE"

12. email help, using "open()"