MSJET35.dll then USER.exe Illegal page fault problems
Author Message
 MSJET35.dll then USER.exe Illegal page fault problems

We recently upgraded an application from VB4.0 to VB5.0(SP3) and ACCESS 7.0
to 8.0.  Users encountered sporadic illegal page faults pointing to
MSJET35.dll.  Microsoft told us to copy over new version of the jet engine
(3.51.0623.4 - 08/97) from Internet and now the sporadic illegal page
faults point to USER.exe.  We cannot trace the error to any one specific
routine or query.  There is no repeatable test case that will allow us to
reproduce the error.  However, it always happens and is the same error:

Application caused an invalid page fault in Module USER.EXE at
0011:00000971.

In one area of the application, we changed a 4-table join to use DISTINCT
instead of DISTINCTROW in accordance with the recommended changes from
Microsoft.  That resolved a problem in one area of the application, but
error still occurs sporadically in other areas.  Do you think this is the
cause of the jet and user.exe page faults?  We have many queries using
DISTINCTROW.  WE never had any problems in VB 4.0.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSJET35.dll then USER.exe Illegal page fault problems

2. MSJET35.dll then USER.exe Illegal page fault problems

3. Invalid Page Fault MSJet35.dll

4. Access 97 : Page Fault in MSJET35.DLL

5. Invalid Page Fault in MSJET35.DLL - Help!

6. Invalid Page Fault MSJet35.dll

7. Help please!!!..Illegal Operation in MSJET35.DLL

8. page fault in user.exe

9. EXE generation kernel32.dll page fault HELP!!!!!

10. EXE generation kernel32.dll page fault HELP!!!!!

11. exe causes invalid page fault in scrrun.dll

12. Problem with Invalid Page fault in MSJT3032.DLL