Can Access support multi-user client/server programming??
Author Message
 Can Access support multi-user client/server programming??

and posted to comp.lang.basic.visual.database:

Quote:
>I want to make a program that there will be many computer run that program
>at the same time, and accessing the Access database at the same time. Does
>Access support that?? 97 or 2000

Yes and no.  Access can support multi-user but cannot support "true"
client/server programming.  If you are wondering why then hit the link
below.  The info might be dated but it still stands for all data
access technologies.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can Access support multi-user client/server programming??
I want to make a program that there will be many computer run that program
at the same time, and accessing the Access database at the same time. Does
Access support that?? 97 or 2000

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multi-User Client Server (Urgent) Jet?

2. Multi-User Client Server (Urgent) Jet?

3. Multi-User Client Server (Urgent) Jet?

4. Multi-User Client Server (Urgent) Jet?

5. ??????multi theading and multi client servers??????

6. Access programming for multi-user environment

7. Multi-User Program using Access question

8. fat client (MSMQ, VB Program) or thin client (ASP page then have Web server use MSMQ)

9. Multi user support in Visio 2002

10. Does VB6.0 support Multi-Thread Programming?

11. Exchange Server 5.5 - Italian language support for OL2000 client

12. How to programing client to access the server require Client Certificate