need odbc connection - no sql server
Author Message
 need odbc connection - no sql server

I am new to VB and I am taking a computer based training course.  In one of
the lessons I have to connect to a SQL database.  unfortunately I don't have
SQL at home.  Is there a way to simulate this or am I totally out of luck.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 03:50:15 GMT
 need odbc connection - no sql server

The closest I can think of as SQL-Server connection simulation is to
create an ODBC connection to Access and use that as your sample.  The
syntax is the same (as I recall).

Not quite the best solution but ....

Good Luck,

Sol.

Quote:
>I am new to VB and I am taking a computer based training course.  In one of
>the lessons I have to connect to a SQL database.  unfortunately I don't have
>SQL at home.  Is there a way to simulate this or am I totally out of luck.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:58:31 GMT
 need odbc connection - no sql server
Check your VB6 CD.  They might have the Desktop/Developer's Edition on it.
Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition has it.
Regards,
farhan

Quote:
> I am new to VB and I am taking a computer based training course.  In one
of
> the lessons I have to connect to a SQL database.  unfortunately I don't
have
> SQL at home.  Is there a way to simulate this or am I totally out of luck.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:46:59 GMT
 need odbc connection - no sql server
Yeah, VB Pro has it too..

Quote:
> Check your VB6 CD.  They might have the Desktop/Developer's Edition on it.
> Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition has it.
> Regards,
> farhan

> > I am new to VB and I am taking a computer based training course.  In one
> of
> > the lessons I have to connect to a SQL database.  unfortunately I don't
> have
> > SQL at home.  Is there a way to simulate this or am I totally out of
luck.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:07:15 GMT

1. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

2. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

3. Re-Initialize Access7.0-ODBC-Connection to SQL-Server

4. 16bit ODBC connection to SQL Server

5. VB4 and ODBC connection to SQL SERVER problem

6. ODBC/SQL Server Connection Error

7. OLE-Server with SQL-ODBC-Connection

8. Ghost VB-ODBC-SQL Server connection

9. MS SQL Server, ODBC and connections

10. Creating ODBC connection to SQL Server 6.5 with VB4

11. ODBC/SQL Server Connection Problems!! Please Help

12. Join diff connections (SQL Server and ODBC) in Data Environment