Problem passing parameters to DataReport/command object
Author Message
 Problem passing parameters to DataReport/command object

I bound a VB 6 data report to a command object based on the SQL statement :
Select * from tblItems where ItemNo = Form1.Text1.text

Now in the Parameters Tab of the command object, in the Parameter Properties
Value textbox, I placed "Form1.Text1.text".

When I run the report all I get is 1 blank page. HELP

How do I send/set parameter values for these datareports... the online help
is useless.

Thanks in advance.

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem passing parameters to DataReport/command object
IMHO, NEVER use BOUND controls.

My $0.02
YMMV

--Herbie

Quote:
> I bound a VB 6 data report to a command object based on the SQL statement
:
> Select * from tblItems where ItemNo = Form1.Text1.text

> Now in the Parameters Tab of the command object, in the Parameter
Properties
> Value textbox, I placed "Form1.Text1.text".

> When I run the report all I get is 1 blank page. HELP

> How do I send/set parameter values for these datareports... the online
help
> is useless.

> Thanks in advance.

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem passing parameters to DataReport/command object
I do I use the datareport if I don't bind the thing to a command object?

What do you do / use for reporting?

Quote:
> IMHO, NEVER use BOUND controls.

> My $0.02
> YMMV

> --Herbie

> > I bound a VB 6 data report to a command object based on the SQL
statement
> :
> > Select * from tblItems where ItemNo = Form1.Text1.text

> > Now in the Parameters Tab of the command object, in the Parameter
> Properties
> > Value textbox, I placed "Form1.Text1.text".

> > When I run the report all I get is 1 blank page. HELP

> > How do I send/set parameter values for these datareports... the online
> help
> > is useless.

> > Thanks in advance.

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem passing ADO command objects as parameters in MTS

2. Problem passing ADO command objects as parameters in MTS

3. Passing parameter to a command object

4. VB6 - Problem passing multiple parameters to Command SQL statement

5. Passing parameter to Datareport at runtime

6. problem retrieving parameters for command object

7. How do you Pass SQL command from a FlexGrid to Datareport

8. Using a VB6 DataReport object with parameters

9. DataEnvironment Command object/DataReport

10. Problems with datareport using parameters

11. DataReport Using Parameter problem!

12. Passing Parameter [AutoRun] by Command Line