Problem with ADO Locktypes for Recordsets
Author Message
 Problem with ADO Locktypes for Recordsets

I'm having a problem trying to access a SQL Server 6.5 database using the
pessimistic locktype for a recordset.  Contrary to all books I've seen and
documentation too, I don't get an ADO error indicating a lock has been
placed on a record, but I get a timeout error after about 45 seconds of
waiting to get a lock.  I realize that it is usually better to use update
queries rather than rely on cursors, but how do you avoid a slow timeout
error and get a quick "record is locked by user...." type error?  This used
to work properly with RDO, but doesn't with ADO.  What gives?

Thanks,

Greg

Thu, 15 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie MTS/ADO Recordset LockType question

2. Recordset LockType question !

3. ADO: Determine open transaction + DED command ignors Locktype, CursorType and CursorLocation

4. ADO CursorType & LockType analysis

5. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

6. Problem with LockType

7. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

8. ADO recordset sorting problem

9. ADO recordset problem

10. ADO recordset refresh problems

11. ADO Recordset Sort Problem