Location Of DB in VB for Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Location Of DB in VB for Crystal Reports

Is there a way in Crystal Reports to locate the database of a specific report?

My problem is this:

I have created a report on my machine and located to the database in
c:\program files\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
when I run the report it works fine. However...

my client installed the program on his d drive so the path is now
d:\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
but the report is saved with the path given above and produces an error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
CM

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Location Of DB in VB for Crystal Reports

What if you used the "Same as Report" DAtabase Location option in Crystal
Reports?  I have the database and the reports under the same subdirectory of
...\Data\Database, ...\Data\X.rpt and this works.  I just set the report
location in the program with: CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = ReportLocation
and the right database is picked up.

Sue

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Location Of DB in VB for Crystal Reports

Quote:

> Is there a way in Crystal Reports to locate the database of a specific
> report?

> My problem is this:

> I have created a report on my machine and located to the database in
> c:\program files\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
> when I run the report it works fine. However...

> my client installed the program on his d drive so the path is now
> d:\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
> but the report is saved with the path given above and produces an
> error.

> Any ideas on how to fix this?

> Thanks
> CM

Hi,

Did you try "Database" on the menu bar, then select "Set Location", then
set the location of the database "same as report"?  As long as you
package the report to install in the same place as the database then you
should be okay.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Location Of DB in VB for Crystal Reports

Quote:
>Is there a way in Crystal Reports to locate the database of a specific report?

>My problem is this:

>I have created a report on my machine and located to the database in
>c:\program files\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
>when I run the report it works fine. However...

>my client installed the program on his d drive so the path is now
>d:\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
>but the report is saved with the path given above and produces an error.

>Any ideas on how to fix this?

>Thanks
>CM

store database name/path in ini file and pass to crystal reports using
crpObject.database(0) = "x:\whateverpath\mydb.mdb"
--
John McGuire  Resident of Stockport, UK

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Location Of DB in VB for Crystal Reports

It is very easy to set the location of the database as a variabele.
Choose in the report for the menu, database-Set location. Select the
table and choose "Same as report"
Install de reports on the same location as the database, which is fair
enough.
When running this report in VB, the reports looks in his own directory
and finds the datbase.

Ton

Quote:

> >Is there a way in Crystal Reports to locate the database of a specific report?

> >My problem is this:

> >I have created a report on my machine and located to the database in
> >c:\program files\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
> >when I run the report it works fine. However...

> >my client installed the program on his d drive so the path is now
> >d:\myprg\database\mydb.mdb
> >but the report is saved with the path given above and produces an error.

> >Any ideas on how to fix this?

> >Thanks
> >CM

> store database name/path in ini file and pass to crystal reports using
> crpObject.database(0) = "x:\whateverpath\mydb.mdb"
> --
> John McGuire  Resident of Stockport, UK

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

2. Crystal reports - how to have dynamic db location

3. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

4. How can i programmically Set Location of my database in Crystal Report of vb.net

5. Send Information About Database Location From VB To Crystal Report

6. Crystal Reports 5 and VB3 (Changing database location from VB script)

7. Locations of Source Code For Using Crystal Reports In VB

8. Crystal rps db location at runtime - using .INI ??????

9. Crystal Report: DB Path manipulation in VB code

10. The way VB/Crystal report use an Access DB

11. The way VB/Crystal report use an Access DB

12. VB App, Crystal Reports, and ODBC and Native db drivers