How do I execute a MS-DOS .bat file from VB
Author Message
 How do I execute a MS-DOS .bat file from VB

I am trying to automate a very archaic ms-dos .bat file that is passed
multiple parameters.  How do I call the .bat file from VB or just replace
it?  The .bat file is processing a text file and then loading the data into
a db repository via an IIOP CORBA connection.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Kevin

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I execute a MS-DOS .bat file from VB
Have you tried using the Shell() command?

Quote:
> I am trying to automate a very archaic ms-dos .bat file that is passed
> multiple parameters.  How do I call the .bat file from VB or just replace
> it?  The .bat file is processing a text file and then loading the data
into
> a db repository via an IIOP CORBA connection.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

> Kevin

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Closing MS-DOS window after .bat file finishs

2. Help me to execute a BAT file inside of VB

3. Execute .bat file from VB project

4. executing ms-dos batch files

5. Executing MS DOS batch files

6. When is shelled .BAT file done?

7. Help: hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

8. question on hiding a DOS window when executing a DOS batch file

9. Executing .bat files on Mapped drives

10. Executing an .bat file on my webserver

11. How to execute a file.bat

12. using Shell() to execute a BAT file