Visual Basic and SQLBase
Author Message
 Visual Basic and SQLBase

I am experiencing problems using SQLBase server for Windows (both 5.2 and
6.0) with Visual Basic.

I am communicating with the Gupta C API via a dynamic link library which
I have used with Visual C++ programs and SQLWindows programs with no
problems.

I have now started programming in Visual Basic using the same DLL.  In
the development mode, the first time I connect to the database it works
fine, as does disconnection.  The next time I run the program in the
development mode it fails to connect.  If I create a Visual Basic
executable the problem does not arise.

Is anybody using Visual Basic and SQLBase, have you experienced such
problems and have you come up with any solutions?

Richard Alexander
Institute of Hydrology

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

2. Difference between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.Net

3. Visual basic 4 to Visual basic 6

4. Visual Basic 3.0 to Visual Basic 6.0

5. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

6. Visual basic programs - connect to a server - Visual Basic 5 Enterprice Edition

8. Learning Basic - Visual Basic - Visual InterDev

9. Visual Basic 3.0 vs Visual Basic 4.0

10. Microsoft Visual Basic v3.0 Professional/Microsoft Visual Basic Assistant v3

11. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

12. need some basic information on visual basic and visual c++