Accessing a .CDB PocketPC database using VB6 with ADOCE
Author Message
 Accessing a .CDB PocketPC database using VB6 with ADOCE

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

I'm using VB6 Enterprise to try to access information in a .CDB file.
I'm basically just trying to read information from it but
as soon as I get to a line such as

Dim cnCe as ADOCE.Connection

Set cnCE = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

The same error is generated when trying to instantiate the Recordset object.

This line gives a runtime error with the message
"ActiveX cannot create data object". Could someone please tell me what the
cause of this is?

Is there another way I can maybe convert the CDB to an MDB to access the
information?

Thanks in advance,
JC

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:55:51 GMT
 Accessing a .CDB PocketPC database using VB6 with ADOCE
Quote:

> I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

> I'm using VB6 Enterprise to try to access information in a .CDB file.
> I'm basically just trying to read information from it but
> as soon as I get to a line such as

> Dim cnCe as ADOCE.Connection

> Set cnCE = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.0")

> The same error is generated when trying to instantiate the Recordset
> object.

> This line gives a runtime error with the message
> "ActiveX cannot create data object". Could someone please tell me
> what the cause of this is?

> Is there another way I can maybe convert the CDB to an MDB to access
> the information?

Er, copying it from the handheld to your PC will convert it.
If you want to access it on the handheld, you need the
VB version that is made for CE, because VB 6 won't run
on CE.

Terry Austin

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:30:00 GMT

1. Help with programming ADOCE databases on PocketPC

2. ADOCE and *.cdb

3. ADOCE 3.1, CDB, INSERT and a sub-SELECT

4. ADOCE looses data (.cdb files)

5. deVBuzz.com - Accessing a cdb database in the emulator

6. Creating Database using ADOCE.3.1

7. Problems using ADOCE databases in VB

8. Using MS Access files on PC from Wireless PocketPC

9. Accessing an Oracle 8i database with ADOCE 3.1

10. Using VB6 and DAO to delete all relationships in an Access database

11. Repost: Using VB6 and DAO to delete all relationships in an Access database

12. How to programmatically backup Access database using VB6?