Connecting to Database
Author Message
 Connecting to Database

I am try to use VB5 with Access 2002 in Windows XP environment. To
connect to the database (.mdb files), if I use Jet, I get the error
message "unrecognised database format" and when I use ODBC Direct, the
error messsage is "you cannot enumerate Table names in ODBCDirect mode".
Having searched the internet, I have realized that there is a
compatibility problem with my current set up. Without having to spend
money on upgrading to higher versions of VB, can I overcome the DB
problems I have now? I would appreciate it if any of the experienced VB
Gurus can help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:35:50 GMT
 Connecting to Database

Quote:

> I am try to use VB5 with Access 2002 in Windows XP environment. To
> connect to the database (.mdb files), if I use Jet, I get the error
> message "unrecognised database format" and when I use ODBC Direct, the
> error messsage is "you cannot enumerate Table names in ODBCDirect
> mode". Having searched the internet, I have realized that there is a
> compatibility problem with my current set up. Without having to spend
> money on upgrading to higher versions of VB, can I overcome the DB
> problems I have now? I would appreciate it if any of the experienced
> VB Gurus can help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

You could probably save your mdb as Access 97 and then use DAO 3.51. At
least, that's what you can do with Access 2000.

To use Access 2000 with VB6 requires SP4 or SP5 and DAO 3.6 or ADO (2.5, or
later, is best) - I don't know about VB5. I think it's the same for 2002.

HTH

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:28:03 GMT

1. URGENT - Error connecting to database after program is packaged and deployed

2. Error connecting to database after program is compiled and deployed

3. Unable to connect to Database

4. Error Connect to Database

5. Unable to connect to database

6. Connecting to database question

7. Mystery: ADO connects to database but fields don't appear on some computers

8. How to connect to database from datasource

9. Connecting to Database

10. connect/access database located in server

11. connecting Internet Database

12. how to use vb6 to connect dbase database?