Error 20533 (Fixed - Sort of)
Author Message
 Error 20533 (Fixed - Sort of)

I wrote an app that uses about 10 different reports that I created in
Crystal v.6.  When I moved the program from my desktop to my laptop I moved
the .mdb file and the reports from a directory on d:\ to a directory on c:\.
The only way that I have avoided this error is to move those files back into
the directory on d:\.

The program is setup so that the reports and the.mdb file can be placed
anywhere (they are stored in a registry setting) but how can I move these if
either the db or the reports are locked into this "belief" that they must
exist in a folder on the d:\ drive?  How can I modify the relationship so
they can find each other?  My client is expecting to be able to keep the
database on a server and to have the report files local on their machine.

I guess what I'm asking is  - how do I create reports (or can I) that will
reference a database that might not be in the same place as when they were

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt Childs
Fritz Companies Inc.
Houston, TX.

Fri, 12 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 20533 (Fixed - Sort of)

2. error 20533

3. error 20533

4. error 20533

5. error 20533

6. VB Error 20533 Using Crystal Reports

7. VB Error Using 20533 Crystal Reports

8. 20533 error with CR6 OCX and subreports

9. error 20533 - Unable to open database

10. error 20533

11. Subreport: 20533-error

12. HELP : Error 20533