Unable to create updateable connection to SQL Server
Author Message
 Unable to create updateable connection to SQL Server

I am using VB 5 Pro to connect to a local SQL Server Database via
ODBC.  I can connect and retrieve data easily.  However, I am unable
to modify the data via this connection.  Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Marc Overman

Sun, 20 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to create updateable connection to SQL Server

You must have primary key (unique index) for every table you want to
update. SQL server needs primary key in order to locate record you
are trying to update.

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL statement updateable in Acces but not SQL Server

2. SQL updateable in Access but not SQL Server

3. Attaching updateable SQL Server views in code

4. Creating ODBC connection to SQL Server 6.5 with VB4

5. Problem creating an SQL Server trigger from ADO connection in VB

6. ADO creating/destroying multiple SQL server connections

7. Unable to update .DBF - Error: Object must use an updateable query

8. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

9. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

10. SQL Server connections not closing when Access connection also open

11. Unable to create a OLEDB Connection

12. Error 458 - Unable to create objects from the Excel automation server....sometimes