How to convert a dBase 5.0 file to Access using VB
Author Message
 How to convert a dBase 5.0 file to Access using VB

Hello,

I'm transporting a Clipper program to VB. When I want to convert the
.dbf and dbt files to Access, only the first time it will work. I have
to restart the program and then it works ok. The error which occurs is
detected by the Microsoft Jet Engine and says "that the object (the
database file) could not be find". When I debug, it works?????

Can anybody please help me?

Erik

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to convert a dBase 5.0 file to Access using VB

Quote:

>Hello,

>I'm transporting a Clipper program to VB. When I want to convert the
>.dbf and dbt files to Access, only the first time it will work. I have
>to restart the program and then it works ok. The error which occurs is
>detected by the Microsoft Jet Engine and says "that the object (the
>database file) could not be find". When I debug, it works?????

>Can anybody please help me?

I N S U F F I C I E N T   D A D D A

How're you 'converting' it? Importing into access? Exporting from
(whatever)? Opening the dbf in VB with DAO, ADO, RDO, ODBC ...?
Please supply rather more of a clue.

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: convert access 2.0 to access 97 using VB 5.0

2. Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

3. using dbase 5.0 as backend in vb 6.0

4. Converting from Access tables to dBase III files

5. Converting from Access tables to dBase III files

6. dbase III convert to Access or VB

7. HELP needed: How to convert Access Data into dBase IV with VB

8. How to convert Access Form data to a text file using vb

9. VERY URGENT: Convert Btrieve 5.0 files to Ms-Access

10. VERY URGENT: Convert Btrieve 5.0 files to Ms-Access

11. Convert Access Basic ==> VB 5.0

12. Converting Access 97 database to VB 5.0