Accessing Reports in Access Database
Author Message
 Accessing Reports in Access Database

Can I use the reports in an Access database from Visual Basic like I can
tables and queries so that I don't have to create all of them again?

Thanks, Chris

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Reports in Access Database

Christopher,

Yes, you can, but it is a major pain in the ass. You'll have to use
the Visual Basic shell command to shell to Access, wait for Access to
load, develop an Autoexec macro in Access that delivers a switchboard
screen to fire off the report that the user chooses and then have the
user click to fire the report. This takes a LOT of time, and is hardly
worth it. Trust me, use Crystal Reports. With all the {*filter*}ing people
do about it in this and other VB newsgroups, it is still the best and
easiest report writer out there if you take the time to learn how to
use it.

Eric {*filter*}
Atlanta

Quote:

>Can I use the reports in an Access database from Visual Basic like I can
>tables and queries so that I don't have to create all of them again?
>Thanks, Chris

Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Reports in Access Database

Quote:
> Can I use the reports in an Access database from Visual Basic like I can
> tables and queries so that I don't have to create all of them again?
> Thanks, Chris

You can control Access through DDE. Access 7/'95 can also
be an OLE remote automation server, but it's big and buggy.

Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Reports in Access Database

What if the machine that runs the Access report using the VB app doesn't
have Access installed?  Is this still possible?

Matt

"Time is long and life is short,   Matt Johnson

        -Eddie Vedder, "Bee Girl"

              http://www.hamline.edu/personal/matjohns/

Thu, 05 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Reports in Access Database

Quote:

> What if the machine that runs the Access report using the VB app doesn't
> have Access installed?  Is this still possible?

> Matt

> "Time is long and life is short,        Matt Johnson

>         -Eddie Vedder, "Bee Girl"

>               http://www.hamline.edu/personal/matjohns/

I was using DDE to the Access 2 runtime engine to produce reports without the Access development engine being
installed. With OLE in Access 7 (which i have not yet tried) I would presume that this is still possible.

I am sure that the DDE interface should work anyhow, unless MS have taken this facility away (Itis descripbed
in one of the KB articles).

Roger Layton.

Thu, 05 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Reports in Access Database

Quote:

>> What if the machine that runs the Access report using the VB app doesn't
>> have Access installed?  Is this still possible?
>I was using DDE to the Access 2 runtime engine to produce reports without the Access development engine being
>installed. With OLE in Access 7 (which i have not yet tried) I would presume that this is still possible.
>I am sure that the DDE interface should work anyhow, unless MS have taken this facility away (Itis descripbed
>in one of the KB articles).

How do we install the Access 2 runtime engine only, without the
development engine (which I presume is the normal Access db
front-end)?

Chee Choon Cheng
from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Homepage: http://www.webmedia.com.my/~chee (moving soon!)

Mon, 09 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. accessing crystal report with protected access database

2. Accessing Reports in an Access Database

3. Ole data in Access database to retrieve in report ( Report Designer 6 + VB 6 )

4. VB to Execute Access Report - Access report displayed on Web

5. from visual basic to access report(send query to access report))

6. Printing Access reports or using Access to print/preview reports

7. regarding usingn access 2000 database in crystal report

8. Crystal Reports with Access Database quick help

9. Crystal Reports 4.0 and Protected Access DataBases

10. database access and data report

11. Using Access Reports with a password protected database

12. Connecting To Access Database Using Crystal Reports