Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle
Author Message
 Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle

We are in the process of moving our application from VB 3.0 and SQLServer 4.2 to VB 4.0 and Oracle 7.2.  We
are having trouble connecting to our Oracle database via ODBC.  We have configured the datasource using the
32-bit ODBC setup tool, and we have SQL*Net 2.2 installed.  We are able to connect to this datasource using MS
Query 32-bit version and through Crystal Reports.  But we are unable to connect to the database using the VB
4.0 version of our application.  We are using the same datasource as the two other programs mentioned.  We are
getting a "3146 ODBC Call failed" error when trying to execute the first SQL statement after our database
connect.  I'm not sure if the database connect statement is even successful.  Any insight would be
appreciated.

thanks - Brent

Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting VB 4.0 source to 3.0

2. Porting VB 3.0 app to WNT 3.5

3. Converting VB 3.0 app to VB 4.0

4. Converting VB 3.0 app to VB 4.0

5. Porting VB 3.0 to VB 6.0 ???

6. Trouble running VB 3.0 Database App in NT

7. Trouble running VB 3.0 Database App in NT

8. app.helpfile for vb 3.0 with helpfile 4.0

9. VB 5.0 Apps & VB 4.0 Apps

10. Porting a VB 3.0 Access Database Application into VB4

11. Porting Access 2.0 App to Visual Basic 3.0

12. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro