Dynamic Recordset and Client Side Cursor
Author Message
 Dynamic Recordset and Client Side Cursor

Hi All,

I searched the other threads for my problem for Dynamic Recordset does
not update other users application for the changes made to the
database, and I found that setting the cursorlocation to Server side
will solve it and client side cursor will always open static
recordset. But with Server side cursorlocation we cannot use .addnew,
.update, .movefirst, .movenext, and other properties such as
recordcount and bookmark

I m using Oracle 7.3 and VB 6.

So is this the final limitation of this, and we cannot do any
workaround to this ? What is the other way to use the above mentioned
properties with server side cusrors ?

Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:30:57 GMT
 Dynamic Recordset and Client Side Cursor
OK, It is supporting the moveprevious and movenext but not the
AddNew, Bookmark, and Recordcount.

Nitin.

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:04:32 GMT

1. Begin Transaction sets opened recordset in zombie state (alternative question: client and server side cursors)

2. Cannot open recordset with client side cursor...

3. Server side or client side cursors?

4. ADO-Access2000: Server-side vs Client-side cursor

5. ?client-side vs server-side cursors

6. Client Side and Server Side Cursors

7. difference betwen Client-side and Server-side cursors?

8. Client-side Recordset using Server-side DSN?

9. ADO Dynamic Cursor/Server Side

10. client side dynamic file inclusion

11. ADO and Client Side Cursors & Locking

12. ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?