Example of "FindFirst"
Author Message
 Example of "FindFirst"

Does anyone have a good example of the "FindFirst" method using a Data Control whose RecordSource property is based on a Query?  When I execute the method, the DataControl does not reflect the record desired.  I believe I have a syntax problem.

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.*-*-*.com/ 's Discussions & Usenet

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Example of "FindFirst"
I haven't had to use the FindFirst method, the following syntax works for me
(here I'm populating a grid bound to a MSRDC);

datSearchRS.SQL = "SELECT Salutation,Forename,Surname FROM Customers WHERE
Surname Like '" & SearchString & "%' ORDER BY Surname"
datSearchRS.Refresh

The refresh method does the requery, and show the records that match the
criteria in the grid.

Hope this helps,

John.
www.shsolutions.com (under construction)

Quote:

>Does anyone have a good example of the "FindFirst" method using a Data

Control whose RecordSource property is based on a Query?  When I execute the
method, the DataControl does not reflect the record desired.  I believe I
have a syntax problem.
Quote:

>   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
>http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Executing "FindFirst" Method on a Dynaset

2. Help: .FindFirst an fieldname with "-"

3. FindFirst "Date" using variable

4. RecordSet.FindFirst "Field = null "

5. Help with "FindFirst" for Database

6. Help with Access "FindFirst"

7. Help with "FindFirst" for Database

8. "FINDFIRST" problem

9. "FINDFIRST" problem

10. findfirst "[emp_id] = numberA"

11. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

12. "QBasic By Example, Special Edition"