DCOM98??????
Author Message
 DCOM98??????

I have developed a small application. For learning purposes I have decided
to use the Package and Deployment Wizard to see if I can created a setup
program and etc. Everything went fine for a while then I got this message
saying that your program will not be properly installed since I don't have
DCOM 98.........something like that.

Anyone knows what this VB 6.0 is talking about? I am a student and learning
so my knowledge is limited....
your help will be very very useful

Thanks

Ralph

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM98??????

Quote:

> I have developed a small application. For learning purposes I have decided
> to use the Package and Deployment Wizard to see if I can created a setup
> program and etc. Everything went fine for a while then I got this message
> saying that your program will not be properly installed since I don't have
> DCOM 98.........something like that.

> Anyone knows what this VB 6.0 is talking about? I am a student and learning
> so my knowledge is limited....

  Your small application is about to become a larger project!  Your
knowledge will expand after you visit
http://www.microsoft.com/com/tech/dcom.asp and see what the crew in
Redmond has cooked up for ya.  At that site, you can download the latest
DCOM updates, if that's what ya need.  Who knows- there may be a whole
MS newsgroup for COM.
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?"
     - Nick Lowe

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM98??????
Hi Ralph,
DCOM98 is needed if you have used any non-intrinsic ActiveX component
(ie Listview or treeview), controls, servers or Reference libraries (ie
ADO).

You can download the DCOM98 install files off of the Microsoft site.
www.msdn.microsoft.com

Cheers,
Sean Benjamin

Quote:

--
See programmer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM98??????
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:04:02 -0400, "Ralph Framke"

Quote:

>I have developed a small application. For learning purposes I have decided
>to use the Package and Deployment Wizard to see if I can created a setup
>program and etc. Everything went fine for a while then I got this message
>saying that your program will not be properly installed since I don't have
>DCOM 98.........something like that.

>Anyone knows what this VB 6.0 is talking about? I am a student and learning
>so my knowledge is limited....
>your help will be very very useful

>Thanks

>Ralph

DCOM is used for distributed applications primarily. There are other
reasons for its existence.

The DCOM 98 is a file you can download from Microsoft to add DCOM to
the 9x environment.

GB
MCSE, MVP

Think Outside the box!!!
To reply, remove NoSpaMM from both ends.

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM98??????

Quote:

>I have developed a small application. For learning purposes I have decided
>to use the Package and Deployment Wizard to see if I can created a setup
>program and etc. Everything went fine for a while then I got this message
>saying that your program will not be properly installed since I don't have
>DCOM 98.........something like that.

>Anyone knows what this VB 6.0 is talking about? I am a student and learning
>so my knowledge is limited....
>your help will be very very useful

>Thanks

>Ralph

Visit www.microsoft.com and search for DCOM98. It should be out there
somewhere.
It is an update to Windows98. If you have Windows 95 you need DCOM95. The
latest DCOM update is version 1.3.
These guys require you to keep your Windows to the very latest updates.
Probably helps them in $elling new releases.

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM98??????

Quote:
>Visit www.microsoft.com and search for DCOM98. It should be out there
>somewhere.
>It is an update to Windows98. If you have Windows 95 you need DCOM95. The
>latest DCOM update is version 1.3.

Unfortunately the EULA for DCOM98 1.3 expressly states that DCOM98 is
not redistributable.

As a software developer writing software that requires it I'm
wondering how Microsoft intends me to create an installation set for
my product.  Giving them the URL and telling them to download and
install DCOM98 is a bit beyond many of my users.  I need something I
can include on my CD.

Anyone else got this problem?  Have a solution?
--
Steve Crane
http://craniac.daveworld.org

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM98??????

Quote:

>>Visit www.microsoft.com and search for DCOM98. It should be out there
>>somewhere.
>>It is an update to Windows98. If you have Windows 95 you need DCOM95. The
>>latest DCOM update is version 1.3.

>Unfortunately the EULA for DCOM98 1.3 expressly states that DCOM98 is
>not redistributable.

>As a software developer writing software that requires it I'm
>wondering how Microsoft intends me to create an installation set for
>my product.  Giving them the URL and telling them to download and
>install DCOM98 is a bit beyond many of my users.  I need something I
>can include on my CD.

>Anyone else got this problem?  Have a solution?
>--
>Steve Crane
>http://craniac.daveworld.org

I shall check the EULA on the MSDN CD's if DCOM98 1.3 is freely
redistributable.
I known v1.2 was.

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DCOM98

2. DCOM98.exe or DCOM95.exe

3. DCOM98 and Dial-Up

4. DCOM98 How to install within setup - process???

5. Download DCom98

6. DCOM98 - Cluster Size

7. VB6 Distribution Package Setup (MAC_TYP.EXE and DCOM98)?

8. newbie dcom question - post dcom98 fundamentally different?

9. DSClient and DCOM98 v1.3 incompatible?

10. HOW TO KNOW IF DCOM98 IS INSTALLED

11. DCOM98 and DCOM95

12. DCOM98