Text driver other than Jet's (need over 255 fields)
Author Message
 Text driver other than Jet's (need over 255 fields)

Has anyone seen a text driver that is not Jet? I need to access flat files
with over 255 fields, and Jet doesn't like that. Thanks.

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Text driver other than Jet's (need over 255 fields)

Just use the dbMemo (not dbText) field.

Best regards, Jesper Goedvad

James Neill skrev i meddelelsen ...

Quote:
>Has anyone seen a text driver that is not Jet? I need to access flat files
>with over 255 fields, and Jet doesn't like that. Thanks.

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Limit of 255 fields in Jet 2.5

2. Winsock INET_ADDR returns INADDR_NONE for 255.255.255.255

3. Access memo field won't accept more than 255 chars

4. text field in querydef truncating at 255

5. SQL server text field > 255

6. Displaying MS Access fields over 255 characters (Memo fields)

7. VB Jet Access causes 255 max users error

8. Vertical Scrool Bar Does not appear when sized to 255 x 255

9. Tables over 255 fields

10. Cannot store > 255 characters in Memo field

11. Ken Getz, can you adivse re: adhInsertAtBookmark from Handbook truncates memo fields at 255

12. Strings longer than 255 characters into word field using vb6