Using ADO in VB6 to connect to multiple databases
Author Message
 Using ADO in VB6 to connect to multiple databases

I am using VB6 as a single front end application that uses
ADO to connect to several Access97 databases.

I am reasonably conversant with creating SQL queries
(mostly within Access) to create recordsets from multiple
tables within a single database.  I am also aware that if I
wanted to include tables from another database, Access
allows those tables to be linked and treated as belonging
to the first database...

My question is: How do I use ADO in VB6 to use tables from
more than one Access97 databases in a recordset query?

For Example: I might want to find all the records in table
A in database 1 where they match criteria from table B in
database 2 etc.

I'm at a loss!

Ian

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using ADO in VB6 to connect to multiple databases
I am using VB6 as a single front end application that uses
ADO to connect to several Access97 databases.

I am reasonably conversant with creating SQL queries
(mostly within Access) to create recordsets from multiple
tables within a single database.  I am also aware that if I
wanted to include tables from another database, Access
allows those tables to be linked and treated as belonging
to the first database...

My question is: How do I use ADO in VB6 to use tables from
more than one Access97 databases in a recordset query?

For Example: I might want to find all the records in table
A in database 1 where they match criteria from table B in
database 2 etc.

I'm at a loss!

Ian

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connect multiple database using ado

2. Connecting multiples database tables using VB!

3. Using ADO to connect to data sources (VB6)

4. how to connect oracle8i in VB6 using ADO?

5. Connecting to a SQL7 Database using VB6?

6. Using VB6 to connect to a MS Access database

7. Using ADO to connect from my computer to a database on a server

8. Connecting to a local Access Database using ADO

9. Using ADO to connect to Oracle 8 database

10. Howto connect to a password protected access-database by using ADO

11. A problem when I connect many kinds of Database Using ADO

12. Connecting to Access 97 Database using ADO with OLE DB Driver