Datasources in controls
Author Message
 Datasources in controls

Quote:
> I am writing a control and would like to attach a datasource not using
the
> bindings method provided by Visual Basic.  My question is how to get the
> list of database components on the client application.

Open the database and manipulate it in code, using dbOpenRecordSet or
dbOpenDynaset.

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Datasources in controls

I am writing a control and would like to attach a datasource not using the
bindings method provided by Visual Basic.  My question is how to get the
list of database components on the client application.

Please Help....
Destin

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Datasources in controls

Quote:
> I am writing a control and would like to attach a datasource not using
the
> bindings method provided by Visual Basic.  My question is how to get the
> list of database components on the client application.

> Please Help....
> Destin

Hm, it is standard way to create a bindable property of a control and let
the container (form) to do the rest. I think it is not worth to do it other
way. BTW if you use some database, you should be able to browse tables,
fields, queries, etc. using DAO objects and functions.

Ivan Lalis.
  Ivan Lalis
  Department of Computer Science
  Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Slovakia

  http://www.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~lalis/
  phone: +421-7-791 384
  S+++ Fa1 M++++ K-- H+ AT-- -SY FO--- D- P- Tz-

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need a List-Control for extensive Datasources

2. Datasources...

3. Reuse datalist with multiple datasources?

4. ODBC Datasources

5. ODBC DataSources

6. Selecting ODBC Datasources

7. Non relational datasources and ADO 2.5

8. Join QueryDef with two datasources

9. MSHFlexGrid and band operation WITHOUT datasources

10. Browsing datasources

11. Multiple datasources - how?

12. Subreports and changing datasources