Using Access from CD-ROM in multiuser mode?
Author Message
 Using Access from CD-ROM in multiuser mode?

Is it possible to anyhow use Access databases from
read only media (such as CD ROM)? I experimented the
situation by copying the database to write-protected
disk and the following happened:
- If I try to open the database with default settings
  (exclusive=False, readonly=false) error 3050
  (Couldn't lock database, SHARE has not beeb loaded.)
  occurs. Share has been loaded properly!
- If I try to open the database with readonly=true and
  exclusive=false the same situation repeats.
- Finally, I am able to open the database with
  exclusive=True and readonly = True.

So, it seems that it is impossible to use Access database
that has been written to a shared CD ROM on network drive
using multiuser access.
Am I right? MS Access user manual doesn't seem to describe
if this is possible. The function with attached FoxPro
or dBase tables on read-only devices is documented, however.

/ Datawell Inc. Espoo FINLAND       fax: +358-0-70017973           /
+==================================================================+

Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:48:29 GMT

1. Accessing file from one CD-ROM in a multiple CD-ROM system

2. How to change Multi Media CD-ROM in two or more CD-ROM system

3. Problem using a MS Access DB on a CD-Rom

4. help w/ cd-rom and cd-r/cd-rw program, please

5. Accessing Access DB on a Cd-Rom

6. check is there a CD ROM in the CD drive

7. Controlling 2nd CD-ROM drive using mciSendString?

8. cd player writing on cd-rom??????

9. Need help on CD-Rom door using DoEvents???

10. Looking for used Visual Basic Programmer's Journal CD-ROM (VBCD)

11. Cluster size of a CD-ROM and a control to burn a CD

12. Use 2nd CD-ROM drive to play CD Audio