ODBC through DAO help needed
Author Message
 ODBC through DAO help needed

We are currently creating a reporting system in MS Office97.  I am
currently exploring connecting to the database and I have found some
problems in ODBC.  Currently, I am opening a recordset from an ODBC
connection to a *.CSV file.  The final product will want to pull in the
data from around 5500 records.  Currently, I can't get the connection to
work unless the number of records is 99 or less.  I have a similar problem
with an ODBC connection to Access.  The jet connection works without a
problem, but I'm not sure if I will be using Access as my backend, that's
why I'm testing ODBC.

I currently pull the whole table over in the recordset, could that be
causing the problem?  I haven't read anywhere that there is a limitation on
the number of records that ODBC can fetch.  Any suggestions, please let me
know!

--
Will Brown
Carlson Marketing Group

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed on ODBC with DAO

2. Help, Help, Help (ODBC/JET/DAO)

3. Help, Help, Help (ODBC/JET/DAO)

4. ODBC Error: Oracle7.2, ODBC, VB4.0, DAO, Jet 3.0

5. Rdo/Dao/ODBC Please help....URGENT

6. Help Connection to Access thru ODBC using DAO

7. HELP! ODBC/DAO Connectivity

8. Need DAO help

9. I need some DAO help urgently

10. I am stuck with DAO need help please

11. HELP NEEDED: Access 95 DAO Error - Won't Start, Access Quits

12. DAO Problem.....Urgent help needed!!!!