vb executable client-server implementation question
Author Message
 vb executable client-server implementation question

I have a DB2 database and a Visual Basic executable program that talks
to the database. The database is on a networked server and the vb
executable program needs to be run on 5-10 client computers. The
question is if the vb program is installed on the networked server can
all the client computers run the program, simultaneously if necessary,
without having to install the program on each individual client
computer?

Thank you very much.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:33:00 GMT
 vb executable client-server implementation question

Quote:
> I have a DB2 database and a visual basic executable program that talks
> to the database. The database is on a networked server and the vb
> executable program needs to be run on 5-10 client computers. The
> question is if the vb program is installed on the networked server can
> all the client computers run the program, simultaneously if necessary,
> without having to install the program on each individual client
> computer?

> Thank you very much.

A VB application requires a lot of support files. You can run an application
from a server PROVIDED you have the necessary support files on each client
machine.  Perhaps you can do a basic install on the client machines without
the main executable. You would, however, still need to provide a
shortcut/program entry.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 05:26:04 GMT

1. TCP SOCKETS Server-Client implementation exemple

2. client / server implementation

3. Question: Client-Server OLE Between VB Apps?

4. Question about VB Client - Server Example

5. VB/Oracle Client/Server error handling question

6. Question about VB Client - Server Example

7. VB 4.0 and SQL Server Implementation

8. fat client (MSMQ, VB Program) or thin client (ASP page then have Web server use MSMQ)

9. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

10. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

11. VB Interface Implementation - Novice Question

12. receive fax using Fax Client COM Implementation