error message with Nwind.mdb
Author Message
 error message with Nwind.mdb

Whenever I want to use the databases samples (Biblio.mdb and Nwind.mdb)
coming with VB CD, I get a error message stating that "Function marked
as restricted or uses a type not supported in Visual Basic". I am using
VB version 5.0 Professional edition. I could not understand where this
error originates.

Any idea???
 Caglar

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error message with Nwind.mdb
On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:48:35 -0800, in comp.lang.basic.visual.database

Quote:

>| Whenever I want to use the databases samples (Biblio.mdb and Nwind.mdb)
>| coming with VB CD, I get a error message stating that "Function marked
>| as restricted or uses a type not supported in Visual Basic". I am using
>| VB version 5.0 Professional edition. I could not understand where this
>| error originates.
>|
>| Any idea???
>|  Caglar

It probably originates from the Jet database drivers. Jet needs to create
a working file (.ldb) in the same folder as the .mdb file. Since this is
a cd-rom; it is not writable an therefore the temp file can not be
created.

Copy the mdb to your hard drive and make sure that it is not set to
readonly (Windows Explorer | Properties)

HTH
Regards

For my correct E-mail address remove the au from bigpond

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't delete all records from some tables - VB4/32 - NWind.mdb sample

2. error message "Too many users active" when MDB is accessed via ADO from VB 6 app (MDB is on Novell 3 network)

3. Trapping Warning Messages, NOT Error Messages

4. The infamous Message Filter error - Illegal to call out while ins ide Message Filter (-2147418107)

5. CDO messaging in a MDB

6. Can't open Nwind.mdb anyone else with this problem?

7. Nwind.mdb won't open - anyone else with this problem?

8. Hyperlink errors - "An unexpected error has occurred" - even with NWind sample db

9. Error message: Error accessing file

10. Access ACC2000:Error Message: Error Accessing File